Opensource tools for inventory and troubleticketing

Alexander Bochmann ab at lists.gxis.de
Tue Jan 28 15:08:04 UTC 2014

...on Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 10:37:14AM +0100, Octavio Alfageme wrote:

 > network, but we are starting to need a better inventory of services and network
 > resources and better troubleticketing procedures. We can not afford acquiring

For the inventory and documentation part, Netdot is pretty cool:
https://osl.uoregon.edu/redmine/projects/netdot/wiki

There's a few things missing for datacenter use (VLANs and address ranges
can only exist once), but I guess that's not particularly relevant for
ISP work. Nevertheless, the network inventory functions are immensely
useful for us - we don't even use most of the advanced functions.

As for ticketing, around here quite a few people are using OTRS
(http://otrs.org/) - but I have no experience with that myself.
Something like Redmine should be more leightweight and will probably
do the job too...

Alex.