BCP38.info

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Jan 28 13:06:31 UTC 2014

On Jan 26, 2014, at 12:47 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> something like 6 years ago, and couldn't get any traction on it then;
> I'm not sure I think much has changed -- apparently, extracting your
> BP thoughts from mailing list postings and putting them into a wiki is
> more effort than most NANOGers are up to.

I do have a list of the top ASNs that can be shown to allow IP spoofing by looking at
the DNS scans part of the OpenResolverProject:

  52731 ASN7922
  31251 ASN9394
  25241 ASN17964
  15951 ASN4847
   7576 ASN17430
   5800 ASN17430
   4110 ASN7497
   3645 ASN9812
   3492 ASN6854

http://openresolverproject.org/spoof-src-dst-asns-20140126.txt

What the data is:

It includes IP address where you send a DNS packet to it and another IP address responds to the query, e.g.:

[jared at hostname ~/spoof]$ dig @101.0.37.11
;; reply from unexpected source: 182.19.83.65#53, expected 101.0.37.11#53

The data only includes those where the “source-ASN” and “dest-asn” of these packets don’t match.

- Jared