Will a single /27 get fully routed these days?

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Sun Jan 26 10:16:09 UTC 2014

Regards
Alexander

Alexander Neilson
Neilson Productions Limited

alexander at neilson.net.nz
021 329 681
022 456 2326

On 26/01/2014, at 10:35 pm, Dave Bell <me at geordish.org> wrote:

>> But more important: which /10 is set aside for this? It is not listed on
> https://www.arin.net/knowledge/ip_blocks.html
>
> 100.64/10
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/search/rfc6598

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the space reserved for internal use by providers for space for CGN systems that is not 1918 space so it doesn’t conflict with customers internal network IP Space.

If I am correct the question is for which block has been reserved by ARIN for “address space for v6 devices they need to talk to v4 world” which is a globally unique allocation from their final /8 which they reference "Per policy, a /10 was reserved out of the last /8 to facilitate IPv6 deployment and that space is not included in our inventory count.” at https://www.arin.net/resources/request/ipv4_countdown.html which I think nobody has yet answered.

Looking at 4.10 it doesn’t require the /10 block to be taken from their “Final /8” allocation (104/8) so I think it would be nice for someone from ARIN to come on here and confirm for all of us what the /10 is and ARIN’s thinking around the use of this space and their allocations being a max /24. Knowing the space now and whether larger transit providers will be issued it in /24’s for their transit customers which would mean they could announce the entire /24 and not require action from most AS’s or if the allocations will range in size directly to end users as standard issued space and ARIN asks us to accept it in our filters would be useful to know now so I can prepare the filters and it gives most AS’s time to implement this next large edit rather than make it a tweak when it begins to cause issues / issues are reported.