About ddos-response at nfoservers.com

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Jan 24 20:50:06 UTC 2014

    Hi,

    Well the abusers started to use burst and then switching targeted IP.

    Last time I opened a ticket with GT-T/nLayer for a ~120Mbps NTP DDoS
Amplification "attempt" toward 2 of my IP's.

        . after 2h, I called them directly to be told they lost my
original request;

        . after 4h, got told it wasn't assigned yet;

        . after 12h, they finally applied the filter as the amp attempt
stopped;

    Based on that experience... why bother.

    To give you an idea, in the past 4 days and 30m queries, I'm up to
1100 blocked targets on one of my DNS Servers.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443