NetSol opts domain customers into $1800 Security program?

Jay Farrell jayfar at jayfar.com
Wed Jan 22 23:49:10 UTC 2014

Updated:

http://domainnamewire.com/2014/01/22/web-com-weblock-program-will-be-opt-in-not-opt-out/

--quote--
In an interview with Domain Name Wire today, Web.com COO Jason
Teichman said the program will actually be opt-in, and no one will be
charged for the service unless they agree to add it.

“Candidly, we did not do a good job in wording that [email],” Teichman
said. “Every one of those customers is getting a call. It’s not our
intention to enroll anyone in a program they don’t want.”

Web.com plans to offer the service to its top 1% of customers
according to domain traffic, value of brands, etc. That’s about 30,000
customers in all. It started by notify just 49 customers “so we can
crawl our way into it,” Teichman said.

--end quote--