Proxy ARP detection

Vlade Ristevski vristevs at ramapo.edu
Thu Jan 16 16:46:07 UTC 2014

Cisco ASA's still have proxy ARP enabled by default when certain NAT
types  are configured.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/nat_objects.html

"Default Settings

(8.3(1), 8.3(2), and 8.4(1)) The default behavior for identity NAT has
proxy ARP disabled.
You cannot configure this setting. (8.4(2) and later) The default
behavior for identity NAT has proxy ARP enabled, matching other static
NAT rules.
You can disable proxy ARP if desired. See the "Routing NAT Packets"
section for more information."

--
Vlade Ristevski
Network Manager