Internet Routing Registries - RADb, etc

Eric Krichbaum eric at telic.us
Wed Jan 15 23:30:11 UTC 2014

I 100% agree with Nick.  But, in dealing with Level3, you need Level3 Members Remarks in your objects to deal with multiple registries etc.  They have an ok system that is a nightmare to pull from different datasources with them and they've churned the ultimately responsible individual a few times which makes it tough to get someone knowledgeable.  Larry and team however at RADB will respond to remove your entries from someone else's stale records without much hassle.

Cogent will use your IRR data to generate a list the first time but they don't have a clue when it comes to keeping up to date.

The underlying problem is that there is incentive to enter objects (or have them entered for you) but none to remove old/stale/incorrect objects.

Eric