best practice for advertising peering fabric routes

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed Jan 15 15:58:12 UTC 2014

On Jan 15, 2014, at 10:52 PM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:

> (Business class) ISP's don't break PMTU-D, end users break it with the equipment they connect.

Concur 100%.  That's my point.

>  So a smart user connecting equipment that is properly configured should be able to expect it to work properly.

In my deployment experience, many (most?) end-user organization break PMTU-D to/through their LANs outside of their IDCs, much less to the Internet, for themselves, and for everyone who wishes to communicate with them across the Internet.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton