EIGRP support !Cisco

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Jan 8 17:50:31 UTC 2014

On 08/01/2014 17:30, Nick Olsen wrote:
> Looking for EIGRP support in a platform other than Cisco. Since it was
> opened up last year. We have a situation where we need to integrate into a
> network running EIGRP and would like to avoid cisco if at all possible.

Why not use isis or ospf?  Both are fully vendor neutral, and they both
support mpls networks properly.  EIGRP has some interesting features, but
the vendor tie-in cost is way too high to even consider using it.  IGP
migration is quite do-able, even for large networks, and all cisco devices
which speak EIGRP will also speak at least ospf, if not isis.

Nick