Vyatta to VyOS

Ray Soucy rps at maine.edu
Tue Jan 7 14:43:22 UTC 2014

Unfortunately, vyos.net is the only website for VyOS, Brocade still has a
commercial release of Vyatta "vRouter" that has all the Vyatta
documentation etc.  If you're nervous about the lack of resources from the
community project you might opt to go with the paid version from Brocade.

The VyOS project is still pretty new, so better documentation and forums
etc will come in time I suspect.

I'm not sure if Brocade has upped the pricing, but here is pricing info
from over the summer.  They had 1, 3, and 5 year commitments and different
pricing for virtual vs bare metal and 24-7 vs. business hour support.

MSRP pricing for Vyatta back in May 2013

For 24-7 Support:
Bare Metal  $2,600 (1 yr)  $5,000 (3 yr)
Virtual  $2,000 (1 yr)   $3,000 (3 yr)

For Business Hours support:
Bare Metal $2,000 (1 yr) $3,500 (3 yr)
Virtual $1,800 (1 yr) $2,700 (3 yr)

--
Ray Patrick Soucy
Network Engineer

T: 207-561-3526
F: 207-561-3531

MaineREN, Maine's Research and Education Network
www.maineren.net