Open source hardware

Vlade Ristevski vristevs at ramapo.edu
Tue Jan 7 13:57:48 UTC 2014

Sorry to get off topic, but is there a company that you can recommend?
The price of the Cisco single mode GLC-LH-SMD= is killing me. I see a
bunch of third party  ones on Amazon and CDW but I'd to love to get my
hands one that has the correct vendor code without going and trying them
all.

On 1/3/2014 7:48 AM, Ray Soucy wrote:
> You actually buy brand-name SFP's? That's like buying the gold-plated HDMI
> Monster Cable at Best Buy at markup ...
>
> I just find the the companies that the vendors contract to make their OEM
> SFP's and buy direct.  Same SFP from the same factory except one has a
> Cisco sticker. ;-)
>
> You can even get them with the correct vendor code, been doing this for
> years and there is no difference in failure rate or quality and we go
> through hundreds of SFPs.

Vlad
Network Manager