turning on comcast v6

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jan 6 05:44:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 10:10:24 -0600, Leo Bicknell said:

> What happens when Joe Home User buys a new Linksys and wants to plug it in to
> get a firmware update before installing it?  Are we really supposed to expect
> that every Joe Homeowner understands RA Guard and configures it for their home
> network?

If Joe Home User has a rogue device spewing RA's, he probably has a bigger
problem than just not having RA Guard enabled.  He either has a badly
misconfigured router (and one that's disobeying the mandate to not RA
if you don't have an uplink), or he has a compromised malicious host.

In either case, he's got bigger fish to fry.