turning on comcast v6

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Sat Jan 4 03:48:16 UTC 2014

> >> There is simply no good reason not to include default route in the
> configuration for DHCPv6, and it's long overdue.
> >
> > As I've said before, if we're going to bother doing it, we should just
include
> RIO options, but otherwise, I agree with you.

Are DHCPv6 and/or NDP extendible for other stuff?  For example, in IPv4,
Cisco uses DHCP option 150 for advertising Callmanager addresses in their IP
Telephony networks.  I've been out of the Cisco IPT side of stuff for
awhile, but wondered how that has been tackled.  And I think things like NTP
addresses have been delivered in DHCP packets.

believed to be clean.