turning on comcast v6

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 17:35:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:
> Rogue RA's can take down statically IPv6'ed boxes.
>
> Rogue DHCP servers will never affect a statically configured IPv4 box.

I believe that that would depend on whether your configuration
of a static IPv6 address on your box also disabled accepting RA.
On LInux, I believe it is something like net.ipv6.conf.<if>.autoconf=0
and net.ipv6.conf.<if>.accept_ra=0 (could easily be typos there,
doing it from memory).  As with much else, your devops
scripts/processes may need to change for IPv6 vs IPv4
(which is why, especially for enterprises, it is not as easy as
just turning it on).