Open source hardware

Daniël W. Crompton daniel.crompton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 10:05:30 UTC 2014

Good point Jimmy, there is a world of hurt involved, although it may be
slightly less painless when you realize that the alternative is: "*the NSA
[who] has modified the firmware of computers and network hardware—including
systems shipped by Cisco, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Huawei, and Juniper
Networks—to give its operators both eyes and ears inside the offices the
agency has targeted.*"[1]

There's already a world of hurt involved when you can't trust your
equipment because they potentially have backdoors in them.

D.

1.
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/12/inside-the-nsas-leaked-catalog-of-surveillance-magic/

Oplerno is built upon empowering faculty and students We want you to found
(and fund) Oplerno with
us<http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/oplerno-a-new-and-affordable-higher-education?utm_source=email&utm_medium=daniel&utm_content=signaturetext&utm_campaign=indiegogo>
[image: Support Us
Here]<http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/oplerno-a-new-and-affordable-higher-education?utm_source=email&utm_medium=daniel&utm_content=signaturecta&utm_campaign=indiegogo>