What's up at AOL?

Robert L Mathews lists at tigertech.com
Thu Jan 2 18:34:32 UTC 2014

On 1/2/14, 9:40 AM, Barry Shein wrote:
> They've been accepting email only occasionally for a few days now.
>
> We're on FBL, check reputation is good/green.
>
> [...]
>
> I am just asking if anyone knows what's going on even in general
> terms.
>
> That is, should we stop fussing with this (everyone's hosed w/ AOL
> this week?) or is it just us?

It's probably not just you. It's been happening intermittently to many
people since December 26. See, for example:

 http://sitedown.co/aol/aol-smtp-in-appears-to-be-down

And lots of recent, not-too-helpful Twitter conversations like:

 https://twitter.com/TboneRyan/status/416577803752984578

We saw this problem on December 26, 27, and 28, and are now seeing it
again for the last 3 hours.

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies, http://www.tigertech.net/