Juniper SSL VPN

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Wed Jan 1 00:34:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 04:19:24PM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:09:58 +0200, Eugeniu Patrascu said:
>
> > > We need an emergency fix because a piece of software unexpectedly hit
> > > an end-of-life date?  Didn't we learn anything 14 years ago??!?
> > >

> > Juniper just posted a technical note saying the issue is fixed and a new
> > ESAP package is out.
>
> Right. The question is why it's coming out on the last day of December,
> rather than the last day of November, or even October...

To punish you for having the gall to think you could celebrate the new year
like a normal human being, instead of doing what you *should* be doing,
tending to the machines.

(At the risk of crossing the streams, I'll observe that I've not spent a new
year's eve or day patching my Linux-based VPN servers...)

- Matt

--
"You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means."
	-- Inigo, The Princess Bride