Are DomainKeys for e-mail signing dead?

Elizabeth Zwicky zwicky at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Feb 28 23:11:39 UTC 2014

5.7.4 means "you told us not to accept your mail unless it was validly
signed and it is not".
The solution for this is to make sure that mail with a From: in a domain
that requires this is validly signed.
Yahoo does not care whether you use DKIM or DomainKeys for this purpose;
other people may well like DKIM better, making it more fun.
I note that the help page you reference mentions DKIM and DomainKeys
together every time.

If your LISTSERV
	-- gets mail from somebody with a domain that requires their mail to be
validly signed (for instance, via DMARC)
	-- leaves that sender's address in the From: line
	-- and breaks the DKIM signature

then the mail will not deliver to recipients at Yahoo. Your choices are:
	-- ask (or force) the sender to join the LISTSERV from a sending domain
that does not do this
	-- modify the From: to not be in the sender's domain
	-- avoid breaking the DKIM signature
	-- let the mail fail

	Elizabeth