Peering issue - Possible Juniper to Cisco issue

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Feb 28 17:13:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Philip Lavine <source_route at yahoo.com> wrote:
> To all,
>
> I (ASR1001) had an experience recently where the Telco (Juniper) told me that I was sending them 1000+ routes when I attempted to re-establish a BGP session; subsequently they would not allow this and they refused the session.
>
> I had no sync on and a prefix list so I was advertising only one route. Even though I hard reset the session on my end the Telco for some reason kept seeing me send the routes. I finally called them and had them reset their end and the session came up right away.
>
> What the ...

If you leaked once and they have a teardown setup on the Juniper end
w/o a timeout, it won't let the neighbor reconnect until the session
is cleared.  I've seen in IOS 15.x just a few days ago where it had
stuck advertising routes that it shouldn't be, though that was between
two Sup720 based pieces of gear, so probably unrelated (just a data
point that it can/does happen in IOS in general where it's advertising
routes that it insists it isn't)

> thx
>
> Philip

into trouble of all kinds."