The somewhat illegal fix for NTP attacks

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Mon Feb 24 12:56:01 UTC 2014

    Well.

    Since when SNMP, NTP or DNS are vulnerable?

    They both follow to the appropriate RFC's, contrary to all those AS
+ /24 that keep allowing spoofing source IP address.

    The victims of attacks could get the Tiers to follow back the source
of the attack instead, but the corporations involved have more money
than the small guy you'll bash for having the balls of running a
resolver for his roaming customers.

    This false debate will never end...

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443