Filter NTP traffic by packet size?

Royce Williams royce at techsolvency.com
Sun Feb 23 20:11:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Royce Williams <royce at techsolvency.com> wrote:
> Newb question ... other than retrofitting, what stands in the way of
> making BCP38 a condition of peering?

In other words ... if it's a problem of awareness, could upstreams
automate warning their downstreams?  What about teaching RADb to
periodically test for BCP38 compliance, send soft warnings (with links
to relevant pages on www.bcp38.info), and publish stats?

Continuing my naïveté ...what if upstreams required BCP38 compliance
before updating BGP filters?  This would require a soft rollout --
we'd have to give them a few months' warning to not interfere with
revenue streams -- but it sounds like nothing's going to change until
it starts hitting the pocketbooks.

Royce