[5350-5470 MHz]

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Sun Feb 23 10:08:39 UTC 2014

if you have comments or feedback....

----- Forwarded message from "Julie N" -----

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:34:51 +0000
Subject: 5350-5470 MHz

Dear Members,

As you know, we have been actively engaged in the International Telecommunication Union's (ITU) Joint Task Group (JTG) studies to consider additional spectrum allocations to the mobile service for terrestrial mobile broadband applications and identification of frequency bands for International Mobile Telecommunications (IMT) at the 2015 World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC-15).  The United States is currently considering 5350-5470 MHz for Unlicensed National Information Infrastructure (U-NII) devices radio local area networks (RLANs).  We are working with NTIA, FCC, federal agencies and industry to ensure that the necessary analyses are completed and interference avoidance or mitigation techniques are developed and demonstrated in time to resolve concerns and to develop international support for a U.S. position.

I am attaching a letter from Ambassador Sepulveda containing important information about this band and our commitment to working with you to mobilize spectrum for wireless broadband.  I look forward to working with you on this and many other important WRC-15 issues.

Best regards,

Julie

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

----- End forwarded message -----