The somewhat illegal fix for NTP attacks

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 21:09:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Rich Kulawiec <rsk at gsp.org> wrote:

Perhaps you would rather publish a blacklist of   "/24s containing NTP
servers open to MONLIST" over UDP port 123   similar to the  bogon feeds.

And encourage all networks to blackhole the list.

That way potential NTP reflection abuse traffic  gets  stuffed as close to
the source as possible.

--
-JH