out of band management gear

Petter Bruland Petter.Bruland at allegiantair.com
Sat Feb 22 16:32:25 UTC 2014

We're using VerizonWireless CradlePoints, Fortigate 80C firewalls, and Digi CM32's for our OOB solution.
There were a few times when VerizonWireless went down, but at those times we did not have the emergency need to be on the OOB network.

It's a simple setup and not too costly. We got the CM32s on eBay for $50/ea, not too bad.

We also have one site with a 2500 and octal cables, which is rock solid.

Lately I've been getting a lot of SPAM for 3rd party OOB management solutions. So there seem to be plenty of alternatives to a good OOB setup.

Petter Bruland | Network Engineer
Allegiant Travel Company
8360 S. Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89113
Phone: (702) 874-3332 | Cell: (702) 286-6549
petter.bruland at allegiantair.com
http://www.allegiantair.com