question about AS relationship

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Feb 21 01:42:43 UTC 2014

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 08:09:35 PM Christopher
Morrow wrote:

> so, yes. pleass tell your upstream your customers so
> proper filtering can be automated and implemented.
>
> don't turn up bgp customers without filtering, that kills
> kittens.

For all the leaking I've seen in the last four weeks
(including a well-known operator that was involved in the
Youtube/Pakistan saga + other well-known global operators
that could be classified as "a reasonably large tier"),
we're still a long way away ensuring all customer prefixes
are filtered correctly at the inter-domain peering edge. A
loooooooong way away...

Mark.