GEO location issue with google

Robert Drake rdrake at direcpath.com
Wed Feb 19 22:02:53 UTC 2014


For future reference, the last time this issue came up someone said 
doing this was a good way to get their geo stuff fixed automatically:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-google-self-published-geofeeds-02

I haven't messed with it yet, but it seems like a good idea.  I want to 
write something that lets me export this from our IPAM but I've been 
busy and it isn't a problem for us at the moment.

Thanks,
Robert

On 2/19/2014 8:02 AM, Praveen Unnikrishnan wrote:
> Hi Heather,
>
> Thanks you very much for sorting out this issue.
>
> Praveen Unnikrishnan
> Network Engineer
> PMGC Technology Group Ltd
> T:  020 3542 6401
> M: 07827921390
> F:  087 1813 1467
> E: piu at pmgroupuk.com<mailto:piu at pmgroupuk.com>
>
> [cid:image004.png at 01CF2D72.C52965E0]
>
>
> [cid:image002.jpg at 01CE1663.96B300D0]
> www.pmgroupuk.com<http://www.pmgroupuk.com/> | www.pmgchosting.com <http://www.pmgchosting.com/>
> How am I doing? Contact my manager, click here<mailto:shazad at pmgroupuk.com?subject=How's%20Praveen%20doing?>.
>
> ________________________________
> [cid:image003.jpg at 01CE1663.96B300D0]
>
> PMGC Managed Hosting is now live!  After a successful 2012, PMGC continues to innovate and develop by offering tailored IT solutions designed to empower you through intelligent use of technologies. www.pmgchosting.com<http://www.pmgchosting.com/>.
>
> PMGC Technology Group Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 7974624 (3/F Sutherland House, 5-6 Argyll Street, London. W1F 7TE). This message contains confidential (and potentially legally privileged) information solely for its intended recipients. Others may not distribute copy or use it. If you have received this communication in error please contact the sender as soon as possible and delete the email and any attachments without keeping copies. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company or its associated companies unless otherwise specifically stated. All incoming and outgoing e-mails may be monitored in line with current legislation. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that emails are virus free before opening.
>
> PMGC® is a registered trademark of PMGC Technology Group Ltd.
>
>
> From: Heather Schiller [mailto:has at google.com]
> Sent: 13 February 2014 05:43
> To: Praveen Unnikrishnan
> Cc: nanog at nanog.org
> Subject: Re: GEO location issue with google
>
> Reported to the appropriate folks.
>
> Going to www.google.co.uk<http://www.google.co.uk> directly, should return you English language results.   Appending /en to the end of a google url should also return you English language results.  You should also be able to set your language preference in your search settings.
>
>   --Heather
>
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Praveen Unnikrishnan <piu at pmgroupuk.com<mailto:piu at pmgroupuk.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are an ISP based in UK. We have got an ip block from RIPE which is 5.250.176.0/20<http://5.250.176.0/20>. All the main search engines like yahoo shows we are based in UK. But Google thinks we are from Saudi Arabia and we redirected to www.google.com.sa<http://www.google.com.sa><http://www.google.com.sa> instead of googlw.co.uk<http://googlw.co.uk>. I have sent lot of emails to google but no luck. All the information from google are in Arabic and youtube shows some weird videos as well.
>
> Could anyone please help me to sort this out?
>
> Would be much appreciated for your time.
>
> Praveen Unnikrishnan
> Network Engineer
> PMGC Technology Group Ltd
> T:  020 3542 6401
> M: 07827921390
> F:  087 1813 1467
> E: piu at pmgroupuk.com<mailto:piu at pmgroupuk.com><mailto:piu at pmgroupuk.com<mailto:piu at pmgroupuk.com>>
>
> [cid:image001.png at 01CF2418.27F29CA0]
>
>
> [cid:image002.jpg at 01CE1663.96B300D0]
> www.pmgroupuk.com<http://www.pmgroupuk.com><http://www.pmgroupuk.com/> | www.pmgchosting.com<http://www.pmgchosting.com> <http://www.pmgchosting.com/>
> How am I doing? Contact my manager, click here<mailto:shazad at pmgroupuk.com<mailto:shazad at pmgroupuk.com>?subject=How's%20Praveen%20doing?>.
>
> ________________________________
> [cid:image003.jpg at 01CE1663.96B300D0]
>
> PMGC Managed Hosting is now live!  After a successful 2012, PMGC continues to innovate and develop by offering tailored IT solutions designed to empower you through intelligent use of technologies. www.pmgchosting.com<http://www.pmgchosting.com><http://www.pmgchosting.com/>.
>
> PMGC Technology Group Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 7974624 (3/F Sutherland House, 5-6 Argyll Street, London. W1F 7TE). This message contains confidential (and potentially legally privileged) information solely for its intended recipients. Others may not distribute copy or use it. If you have received this communication in error please contact the sender as soon as possible and delete the email and any attachments without keeping copies. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company or its associated companies unless otherwise specifically stated. All incoming and outgoing e-mails may be monitored in line with current legislation. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that emails are virus free before opening.
>
> PMGC(r) is a registered trademark of PMGC Technology Group Ltd.
>
>

-- 
Direcpath, LLC
817 West Peachtree St. NW - Suite 750 | Atlanta, GA 30308
2935B Amwiler Rd. | Atlanta,GA 30360
T 866-430-7284  | F 404.961.7060
rdrake at direcpath.com | www.direcpath.com




More information about the NANOG mailing list