random dns queries with random sources

Beeman, Davis Davis.Beeman at integratelecom.com
Wed Feb 19 17:08:03 UTC 2014

They are, and dropping them just as fast.  It seems like the last a day or two, and then move on to another domain name.  They are similar enough that the bots probably work off a formula to determine valid requests.

It may be a coincidence, if you believe in those, but this type of C&C traffic started ramping up wildly about a month after the ZeroAccess servers got blocked...

Davis Beeman | Network Security Engineer | 360.816.3052
Integra