spamassassin

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Wed Feb 19 06:46:33 UTC 2014

--As of February 19, 2014 9:52:57 AM +0800, Randy Bush is alleged to have
said:

> in the last 3-4 days, a *massive* amount of spam is making it past
> spamassassin to my users and to me.  see appended for example.  not
> all has dkim.
>
> clue?

--As for the rest, it is mine.

The spamassassin list has been tracking an issue where a new rule made it
out of the testbox accidentally, which lowers scores on a lot of spam.  It
wasn't in the sample you provided, but the rule name is BAYES_999 - it
catches mail that the bayes filter thinks is 99.9-100% sure to be spam.  As
it got promoted prematurely, it's showing with a score of 1.0.  (The
default.)  It's probably a part of your problem.

A fix should be in the rules update today or tomorrow - or you can rescore
it to the same as BAYES_99 (someplace in the 3 range by default, I
believe).  That's what used to catch that mail: it used to mean 99-100%,
and now means 99-99.9%.

More info can be found in the mailing list archives for the spamassassin
list.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.