OpenNTPProject.org

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:02:35 UTC 2014

If you're trying to actually run a ntp server setup as opposed to just
trusting the world, I strongly suggest reading the documentation for the
service, as most people don't deploy it correctly while they think they
have.

At minimum, you want a cluster of 3 - 4 servers internally, configured as
peers of each other, and listening to some source of time, preferably
multiple like a few on the internet from the big public pool, and if you
really care about time, set up a GPS receiver or two.

You can definitely go farther than the above, but that's the start to doing
it right. Anything short of the above is just trusting the world at large,
and you'll likely happily follow along with any time skew like that thing a
few months/year ago with either tick or tock.

Without the above, you don't have enough sane sources to discredit bad
advisers (you need 3 for a time lock).

-Blake

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Anthony Williams <alby.williams at verizon.com