internet peering conferences in Asia Pacific

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Feb 14 05:56:41 UTC 2014

On Friday, February 14, 2014 01:35:03 AM Warren Bailey
wrote:

> There is a group called PTC.. Pacific Telecommunications
> Council.. That¹s pretty much the biggest I can think of
> (lot¹s of MSO¹s.. Operators, etc.) and it¹s in Hawaii
> every year.

PTC is not your typical "-NOG" or "-PF" forum.

It's very salesy in nature and revolves around operators
scheduling meetings in hotel suites on an hourly basis to
talk commercial matters, not necessarily peering and
operations a la "-NOG's" and "-PF's".

If you've been to a Capacity Pick-Your-Region meeting, PTC
is like that. Just bigger.

The plenaries at PTC are poorly attended (IMHO), quite
costly, and the content is not the kind you would find at
NANOG, APRICOT, RIPE, APF, GPF, AfPIF, e.t.c.

Mark.