7206 VXR NPE-G1 throughput

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Feb 13 08:41:10 UTC 2014

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:28:47 AM Vlade Ristevski
wrote:

> My Cisco SE brought up an interesting alternative. This
> summer we're replacing our 6513 Sup720 with a pair of
> 6807 with redundant Sup 2Ts. It is where all our
> internal Fiber terminates and where internal routing
> happens.  He said we can add extra memory and terminate
> our BGP sessions here and use that for our Internet
> connections. After thinking it over, I'd still rather
> have dedicated routers for our Internet access but I'm
> curious what you guys think about this suggestion.

If you have the budget, run dedicated peering/upstream
routers.

Hierarchical separation of functions at the hardware level
provides lots of flexibility in other areas as your network
grows. If cash is not a constraint, go for it, I'd say.

Mark.