SIP on FTTH systems

Anders Löwinger anders at abundo.se
Wed Feb 12 00:32:43 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-11 23:41, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
>> Is there not an issue with this if the customer is connected directly to the
>> access device over L2? They will not communicate with each other direcly,
>> all traffic will be exchanged through the default gateway?
>
> Yes, what's the problem with that?

Bad description by me. I'll try again.

If I have two PCs in my home, connected with GE to a L2 switch and I buy 10
Mbit Internet access, I don't want traffic between my two PCs to be exchanged
through the default route.

They could possible communicate directly using link-local, but I'm not sure
how they would find each other?

Default gw could send a redirect...

> I'd venture to say that any IPv6 implementation that doesn't support this is
> broken and should be fixed by the implementor.

Agree.

/Anders