SIP on FTTH systems

Anders Löwinger anders at abundo.se
Tue Feb 11 16:39:25 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-08 05:38, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

>> Has there been any test if modern operating systems honor this?
>
> Well, they would be defective if they didn't. Also, you don't even need to
> announce the prefix at all, even with L-bit cleared. You can make RAs with M
> and O bit set that won't contain any prefix at all. Been there, done that.

Pretty clever. Not sure why I missed this it is fairly clear in the RFCs.

Is there not an issue with this if the customer is connected directly to the
access device over L2? They will not communicate with each other direcly, all
traffic will be exchanged through the default gateway?

(same as has been seen with proxy-arp in such networks)

 > At least linux worked perfectly.

I think I need to do some experiments here...

/Anders