7206 VXR NPE-G1 throughput

Octavio Alvarez alvarezp at alvarezp.ods.org
Tue Feb 11 02:52:12 UTC 2014

On 02/10/2014 06:05 PM, Vlade Ristevski wrote:
>  Are you suggesting getting the default gateway from both providers or
> getting the full table from one and using the default as a backup on the
> other (7206)?

Whatever suits you best. Test and see. I'd just receive the full table
anyway but filter them out, letting only the default routes go into the
RIB. This should streamline your FIB. As I say, you lose outbound load
balancing and your redundancy becomes all-or-nothing, but you save a few
cycles.

Again, I wouldn't recommend any of this because of the drawbacks, but
along with other recommendations that others have made, like Turbo ACLs,
it may buy you some time.