Need trusted NTP Sources

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Feb 9 00:46:40 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jimmy Hess" <mysidia at gmail.com>

> Don't forget poor performance due to high latency, or
> Server X emitting corrupted or inaccurate data

My two internal servers were my two uplink firewalls, and were pretty
thoroughly monitored.  Had NTP gone insane, I've had heard about it.

Remember that 3 of the 8 peers on each machine were pool.ntp.org machines,
so the cluster, as a cluster, actually had *nine* external peers, each
machine having 3 in common, and three which were not (each machine was
a DNS resolver, so they didn't share a name cache on "*.us.pool.ntp.org"

Cheers,
-- jra

Cheers,
-- jra