SIP on FTTH systems

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Feb 8 04:34:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, 8 Feb 2014, Anders Löwinger wrote:

> I guess you still need proxy-ND or similar as described in RFC4389, and
> you don't accept clients with IP addresses not assigned over DHCPv6.
> Fair tradeoffs, SLAAC does not work with abuse etc.

No, you don't need to do Proxy-ND either. With this solution there is no
need for the users to talk directly to each other, even though they're
sitting in the same vlan. They have no clue about each other and don't
need to know because they will have a prefix delegated to their LL address
and a default gateway, and perhaps an IA_NA if the ISP wants to, but
that's it.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se