Need trusted NTP Sources

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Fri Feb 7 15:56:35 UTC 2014

Working in the financial world, the best practices is to have 4 ntp servers (if not using PTP).

1) You need 3 to determine the correct time (and detect bad tickers)
2) If you lose 1 of the 3 above, then you no longer can determine the correct time
3) Therefore with 4, you have redundancy.

We have two Symmetricom Stratum 1 time servers synced via GPS  with Rubidium oscillators,  and two RHEL 6 servers running ntpd for our 4 servers.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039