SIP on FTTH systems

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Feb 7 13:30:08 UTC 2014

Rather than assign residential and business customers their own /30, to conserve space we give those customers a /32 out of a /24.  But when one of these static IP customers wants to send email to another, or the employee wants to VPN into work, they can't.  MACFF is supposed to solve that (we haven't turned it on, yet, because the vendor's implementation requires us to do some work on our provisioning system to make it easier).

Frank