Need trusted NTP Sources

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Feb 6 16:34:13 UTC 2014

On (2014-02-06 07:24 -0800), Michael DeMan wrote:

> A) Run a local set of NTP servers - these are your 'trusted' servers, under your control, properly managed/secured, fully meshed, etc.

I'm not sure if full-mesh is best practice, the external clients should have
full view of as close to source data as possible.
If in full-mesh you're already masking the data with inaccuracy, giving the
clients less information to make decision?

We used to have full-mesh in our meinbergs, until from their recommendation we
removed it completely. It makes sense to me, but I don't understand the issue
deeply.

--
  ++ytti