Need trusted NTP Sources

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Thu Feb 6 15:10:15 UTC 2014

On 2/6/2014 9:02 AM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 06/02/2014 14:57, Larry Sheldon wrote:
>> http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/PublicTimeServer000079
>
> bear in mind that due to the vagaries of african peering weirdness, the
> actual path from there to the OP's network could be over multiple satellite
> links and peered in Asia, Europe or the US.  The Internet in africa can be
> ... odd.

If it was me (having made a living getting with auditors who had no idea
what they were doing) I would look for some close-by reliable (my
judgement) 1- and 2- level sources (including, usually) the router at
the ISP that I talk-to to get good service then add one or two the
auditor likes.

Larry (long time responder-to-audits that demanded that my UNIVAC and HP
hardware and software look like IBM)

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: