BCP38 [Was: Re: TWC (AS11351) blocking all NTP?]

Robert Drake rdrake at direcpath.com
Thu Feb 6 07:56:09 UTC 2014

On 2/5/2014 1:20 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> I here tell the spoofer project people are looking to improve their data
> and stats... And reporting.
I know it's not possible due to the limitations of javascript
sandboxing, but this really needs to be browser based so it can be like
DNSSEC or MX or IPV6 testing.  Users (and reddit) can be coerced into
clicking a link if it shows a happy green sign when they pass the test.
Asking them to download an executable is too much for most of them.

I'd also love a way as a network administrator that I could audit my own
network.  Even with all the correct knobs tweaked I occasionally find a
site where someone turned up an interface and forgot some template
commands, or in the case of gear that doesn't support it there might not
be a filter on an upstream device even though there should be.

It'd be nice to have a CM profile that would attempt to spoof something
to a control server then alert if it works.