Why won't providers source-filter attacks? Simple.

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Feb 6 03:43:12 UTC 2014

>> The last-mile is the best possible place to filter, without breaking
>> things.
> I could not agree more. :-)

very large consumer populations are on metro-ether-like things.  and it
gets kinkier from there, don't eat before looking at what ntt-east has
done with ngn.

i fear we really have most of the easy big deployments and all of the
cool kids.  we're down to statistically small stubborn do-nothings and
some folk with equipment that will take years to be pushed off net.

randy