POLL: BCP38 Name And Shame

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Feb 5 21:33:50 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Valdis Kletnieks" <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu>

> Time to name-and-shame. It's 2014. Who's still shipping gear that
> can't manage eyeball-facing BCP38?

It sure is.

====

POLL: If you run "eyeball" equipment -- edge concentrators/routers/CMTSen,
would you please post, without employer attribution, what make & model it
is, and which firmware rev it's running, and whether it has a knob for
unicast-strict-RPF or an equivalent automatic filtering method which is
compatible with "flip the switch" BCP38 deployment, and preferably runs
on the relevant line cards, not CPU.

At your option, you can mention whether it's already on, whether you
had to look it up, and which network it is.  :-)

PLEASE RESPOND to jra+bcp38 at baylink.com, not the list; I will aggregate.

I do not plan to mention any people in the results, but if I'm told the
names of networks in sufficient specificity to avoid confusion, I will
include those.

Cheers,
-- jra