Cisco 7606 CPU Usage Problem

Shahab Vahabzadeh sh.vahabzadeh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 07:34:55 UTC 2014

Hi there,
I have a Cisco 7606 with this module on it:

WS-SUP32-GE-3B

and I am using its own 8 port like this:

2 Port Layer two ether-channel uplink to my 4900 Cisco Switch and 1 Layer
two uplink to Internet, and near 10 tunnel to my customers for internet
exchange with BGP peering + some policy map for shaping tunnel interfaces.
My ether-channel traffic on 600Mbps (each port 300Mbps) I get 90% cpu load
and ping time problem on my router, what is the problem??
And when I run: show processs cpu sorted
I get a "Unknown" process eat the cpu process...
I try lots of IOS version but it does not make difference.

My IOS version is:

c7600s3223-adventerprisek9-mz.150-1.S1.bin

and some general configuration:

no ip source-route
> !
> ip cef load-sharing algorithm original
> no ip domain lookup
> !
> !
> !
> !
> mls ip cef load-sharing full
> no mls flow ip
> no mls flow ipv6
> mls qos
> mls cef error action reset
> multilink bundle-name authenticated
> !
> spanning-tree mode pvst
> spanning-tree extend system-id
> system flowcontrol bus auto
> diagnostic bootup level minimal
> port-channel load-balance src-ip
> username admin secret 5 $1$g6WX$LaQbPyD3qIaHsF5qTqt8g0
> !
> redundancy
>  main-cpu
>   auto-sync running-config
>  mode sso
> !
> !
> !
> !
> vlan internal allocation policy ascending
> vlan access-log ratelimit 2000

Thanks

--
Regards,
Shahab Vahabzadeh, Network Engineer and System Administrator

Cell Phone: +1 (415) 871 0742
PGP Key Fingerprint = 8E34 B335 D702 0CA7 5A81  C2EE 76A2 46C2 5367 BF90