Route Server Filters at IXPs and 4-byte ASNs

Jeffrey Haas jhaas at pfrc.org
Wed Feb 5 03:58:43 UTC 2014

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 25, 2014, at 5:50 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

>> http://tools.ietf.org/search/draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-03
>> To me, that draft looks hugely complicated, like everything you
>> could possibly think of was thrown in.
>
> <aol>
>
> do we have a chat with robert or push an alternative so that the wg is
> pushed to compromise?

The token to simplify is currently mine. The messy bit was an attempt to try to push policy algebra into the packet format. A hallway conversation with a certain German gentleman helped disabuse me about the wisdom of doing that.

Cleaning up the document will take probably another two rounds but a terse description of where it should be going is "template based structured communities".

-- Jeff