Cogent <-> Verizon peering congestion

Robert Glover robertg at garlic.com
Wed Feb 5 01:33:40 UTC 2014

FYI, here's the latest response from Cogent when I prodded them about
the issue (just received this about 30 minutes ago:

---
The issue on this peer involves a high amount of traffic being sent to
Cogent from the Verizon network. In order to resolve the congestion on
that peer, Verizon needs to engineer thier routing to another peering
point with Cogent that has more available space for the traffic. We have
reached out to Verizon for assistance and are still awaiting a response
from their peering engineers. We will continue to reach out to them
until they respond.
---

Sounds like more "fluff" to me :-/

-Bobby