TWC (AS11351) blocking all NTP?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Feb 4 19:28:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:
> On 02/04/2014 08:04 AM, William Herrin wrote:
>> If just three of the transit-free networks rewrote their peering
>> contracts such that there was a $10k per day penalty for sending
>> packets with source addresses the peer should reasonably have known
>> were forged, this problem would go away in a matter of weeks.
>
> Won't work because no one will sign that contract.

Hi Doug,

Verizon Business is willing to do settlement-free peering with you but
you won't agree to a reciprocal penalty if either allows its customers
to forge packets? I call that a weed-out factor. Weed out the bad
actors because anyone else would consider that peering arrangement too
valuable to pass up.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004