-48VDC supply for home lab?

Jonathan Towne jtowne at slic.com
Mon Feb 3 22:42:44 UTC 2014

Tellabs stuff seems to work reasonably well: I've got a model 8001 -48VDC
PDU in my lab rack at home, although it only supplies @ 1A, it does a fine
enough job for what I need.

Have a look at the Tellabs PS-1478 or so, which should do 10A.  They're
not explicitly rackmountable, but look like they'd easily be adapted to
do so.  You can still find PDF copies of Tellabs documentation online, too,
and I believe the PS-1478 should be floating ground like my 8001.

Hint: they can be had cheaply on ebay, since this is a home project,
after all.  That's where I obtained my 8001.  There is still one seller
around on ebay selling them for *way less* than $400, used.

-- Jonathan Towne

On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 01:08:28PM -0800, Robert Glover scribbled: