TWC (AS11351) blocking all NTP?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Feb 2 20:44:46 UTC 2014

In article <20140202163313.GF24634 at hijacked.us> you write:
>The provider has kindly acknowledged that there is an issue, and are
>working on a resolution.  Heads up, it may be more than just my region.

I'm a Time-Warner cable customer in the Syracuse region, and both of
the NTP servers on my home LAN are happily syncing with outside peers.

My real servers are hosted in Ithaca, with T-W being one of the
upstreams and they're also OK.  They were recruited into an NTP DDoS
last month (while I was at a meeting working on anti-DDoS best
practice, which was a little embarassing) but they're upgraded and
locked down now.

R's,
John