Is there such a thing as a 10GBase-T SFP+ transciever

Jima nanog at jima.us
Sun Feb 2 04:40:29 UTC 2014

  +1.  Cisco calls them Twinax, HP calls them DACs.  I don't know what
anyone else calls them as it hasn't come up in conversation for me.

  Cisco appears to offer them in 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, and 5 meter passive,
as well as 7 and 10 meter active.  HP has them in 1, 3, 7, 10, and 15
meter; no idea what the passive/active breakdown might be (they don't
appear to offer that information as freely).  I've mostly used the
3-meter HP DACs so far, and I've been rather happy with them,
particularly the cost savings under 2x 10gbit SFP+ fiber transceivers.

      Jima